Saturday, February 7, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You


Last night I saw my first film of 2009 in the theater- "He's Just Not That Into You". Rottentomatoes.com rated it 45%. Yahoo Movies gave it a C+. IMDB.com has not displayed its official star rating yet. I generally agree with these 3 sites on most movies. I realize that this is not a very unique film plot, and it is somewhat predictable and has its cheesy factor. BUT, I genuinely enjoyed watching it. Sure, I spent an entire day with a sick baby and simply getting away from a constant flow of snot was quite a treat- but I don't think that's the only reason I liked the movie. I liked the cast a lot; with the exception of one actress- Drew Barrymore. I feel kind of bad saying that, because I usually like her a lot. But I just felt that her acting was kind of overdone or something. Luckily she's not in the film enough to affect my overall opinion. My 2 favorite actors were Ginnifer Goodwin (from "Big Love") and Justin Long- who is extremely funny in a very natural and unforced way. Jennifer Aniston was ok. I enjoyed Ben Affleck. Kevin Connoly (from "Entourage") was very natural and delivered his character well. I find Jennifer Connoly (no relation to Kevin) to be very plain. I think she conveyed her character well, but nothing really stood out about her to me. Bradley Cooper (who is hosting SNL tonight) is very funny and charming, even if his character is kind of slimy. I really liked Scarlett Johansson- mostly because she has more curves than any other female in the cast. There is something Marilyn Monroe about her to me, which I enjoy. I also think she is a great actress. I have never really been in the dating world to be able to relate to their stories, but I still felt a connection with the characters. A lot of the situations were definitely realistic. I also like the "exception" vs. "rule" concept used throughout the movie (I can't really explain that - just go see it.)
So while this is not going to win best picture of 2009, I already know that I will buy it (previously viewed from Blockbuster, of course) and I recommend it for any chicks who are looking for a good (but not amazing) movie.
Have you seen it? Tell me what you think!

No comments: