Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ryan Boy

My family is very fond of the movie "Tommy Boy" (who isn't??) We introduced this amazing film to my two youngest brothers this past week while Tim, Jean, and Weston were visiting. One of my favorite scenes is when Tommy (the unfortunately late Chris Farley) and Richard (David Spade - really, why couldn't it have been him) are preparing for an important sales call. It goes like this:

Richard: All right, now it's sale time, so remember, we don't take no...?
Tommy: No sh** from anyone.
Richard: No.
Tommy: Um, we don't take no prisoners.
Richard: We don't take no for answer.
Tommy: Oh yeah... We don't take no for an answer! We don't take no for an answer...

Why am I sharing this with you, you wonder? Because I had a similar conversation with Ryan today. We were strolling through a store and Killian had my keys as entertainment. I have a few key covers that are rubbery monsters. Anyway, our conversation went like this:

Me: Ew, Killian! Why are you chewing on my keychain? You're going to bite off the hand!
Ryan: Baby eating monster.
Me: That's right. Why is he doing that? We do not eat . . .
Ryan: POOP!
Me: No.
Ryan: TOOT!
Me: No.
Ryan: . . . Monster poop?
Me: (sigh) Keychains, Ryan . . . We do not eat keychains.
Ryan: . . . I eat poop.

Our conversations often end and begin with that statement.

PS- You'll notice in the picture that 2 of the monsters are each missing a hand. Apparently "we" do eat keychains.

2 comments:

janaemadsen said...

you have to love a kid who says he does eat poop

Mary said...

Hey girl, our blog address has changed. It is now: thegramppfam.blogspot.com. Miss you!